cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gildas Guillemot <gguille...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject XMLDBSource and credential
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:10:43 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to write an document to an eXist database using the
WritingSourceTransformer when I figure out that the user and password
defined in cocoon.xconf at:

<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
<driver class="org.exist.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="exist" user="user"
password="password"/>
</component-instance>

were not used.

In the methods writeOutputStream() and delete() of XMLDBSource.java file
of the xmldb cocoon block. the call to :
DatabaseManager.getCollection(base);
is used instead of :
DatabaseManager.getCollection(base, user, password) ;

Is there a reason for that ? if not, I've made a little patch (attached
to this mail) against the last version of this file from the cocoon-2.1
module of the CVS.
need I fill a bug report too ?

Regards,

--