cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Bug? Foreign SourceResolver in Generator.configure()
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:25:57 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko  wrote:

> All sitemap components have two sitemaps - one where
> component is defined, and another where it is used. Reminds
> me of the general problem we have with all other components
> as well. All components have
> (logically) at least two managers, one is "own" manager,
> where component was defined / created; and another is current
> manager of the current request. But physically, component has
> ability to recieve only one manager through compose() method
> (or service() method - for those following all renamings).
> For a moment, we are "abusing" Recomposable to pass second
> manager (and overwriting the first one).
>
> Now, if we somehow able to distinguish between those two - it
> can help fix the problem of two sitemaps, right?

Yepp. We already have a solution for this (if this is a nice one,
I don't know).
The component gets the manager of the sitemap it is declared in
via compose/service.
If the component wants the manager of the current sitemap (the
sitemap it is currently used in), it can get this via the Context
object.

WDYT?

Carsten