cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Bug? Foreign SourceResolver in Generator.configure()
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:52:42 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Usually you declare component once, and re-use in several
> sitemaps. In this case, relative URLs in configuration are
> not possible, only context:// URLs. So, I'd say, nobody
> should expect such behavior, at least, it is not intuitive.
>
> Now question, suppose that this component looks up some other
> component
> -- this second component, which sitemap will be current for it?

Yepp, I was wondering about this as well :)

And if we consider this a bug, and we would change it, the generator
would behave different in these two cases:

a)
configure() {
   URI = configuration.getURI();
   source = resolver.resolve(URI); <-- resolved relative to sitemap the
                                       component is declared in.
}

b)
configure() {
   URI = configuration.getURI();
}

generate() {
   source =resolver.resolve(URI); <-- resolved relative to sitemap the
                                      component is used in.
}

Hmm...

Carsten