cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 06:52:17 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> > ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling
> of Eclipse.
> > It
> > happens from time to time that locally deleted files are
> not deleted
> > during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately,
> this occurs
> > only once every three months :)
>
> Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only
> surefire way to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from
> the command-line.

Interesting, so perhaps this is not an Eclipse bug. With Eclipse
it's usually sufficient to restart Eclipse once or twice :) and
synchronize with the repository again. Then suddenly the changes
that have not been committed appear (which is a time consuming
task that can be run in the background).

Carsten