cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing groovy
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:43:14 GMT

On Jun 17, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> c) a much faster XSLT rendering because of NIO-aware XSL engines (not
>> that I'm aware of);
>
> [sound of star trek theme fading in]
>
> What's next? teleporting?
>
> no, seriously, the only thing that NIO introduced is memory-mapped
> files, which are great since now you can (finally!) build a pure-java
> database without feeling stupid (see Kowari, for example)

Oh well, not that I thought about it thouroughly, I was just casually
throwing stones in the pond. But if you think about the ability of
using memory in a more efficient way, then probably something like the
in-memory DTM of Xalan might benefit from it.

Then again, I was just making another point. ;-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino