cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: component lifecycles
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:00:18 GMT

On 29 Jun 2004, at 02:39, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Not to throw a wrench in the works, but if I was to implement
> something like this (I have, in fact), I would make it ThreadSafe and
> create a new naming context every time it is accessed.

OK, I have it create a new Context when you instantiate the Component
in Flowscript using cocoon.getComponent (EntryManager.ROLE);
However, that same Context gets re-used for each call you make to the
Component, until you dispose of it.
As the Component is pooled (implements Recyclable), each simultaneous
access gets a new one.
Is this what you meant ?

> Then set the system property that allows the JVM to pool JNDI  LDAP
> contexts and forget about it.

This sounds interesting ..... do you have any pointers ?

Thanks

regards Jeremy

> At 6/28/2004  04:17 AM, you wrote:
>> Hi All
>>

>> The Component is managing a Naming Context on behalf of the
>> FlowScript. The Naming Context cannot be shared by multiple Threads
>> AFAIU.

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!