cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Unrestricting the FOM
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:33:54 GMT

On 15 Jun 2004, at 11:27, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2004, at 10:57, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>

>>> On 15 Jun 2004, at 10:11, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>>

>> <snip/>

>>> Good

>>> This is more difficult to understand, but I could see why some were
>>> worried.

>>> That is fine by me.
>>>
>>> Shall I commit the sample class you provided?
>>> Do you have any preferences for where it should live?
>>> Or do you have a more sophisticated way of adding this
>>> functionality, that you would prefer to use instead?
>>

>> I see two possible locations for this code:
>> - in a new o.a.c.components.flow.util.AvalonContextAccessor class
>> (note the explicit mention to Avalon to clearly show the dependency
>> on the framework)
>
> I can understand this one
>
>> - in o.a.c.components.ContextHelper, which alread holds a number of
>> context-related methods.
>
> I am not quite sure how this functionality would get added to
> o.a.c.components.ContextHelper.
>
> It currently has all static methods, which are passed an existing
> org.apache.avalon.framework.context.Context Object.
>
>> The second solution has the benefit of concentrating all
>> Context-related features in a single class and so has my preference.
>
> Are you suggesting that this class be made Contextualizable and be
> given a getContext() method ?
>
> So to use it for getting a Context, you would call
> 	cocoon.createObject (ContextHelper).getContext ()
> on it?

OK

I made o.a.c.components.ContextHelper Contextualizable, and added the
getAvalonContext() method. It all compiles but is not tested from
FlowScript yet.

I have to get on with some other stuff right now, but hope to have this
tested and committed by this evening (unless there are objections).

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!