cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Serious FlowScript problem
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:58:28 GMT
Hi All

As reported before, I am still having a serious problem with FlowScript
giving me Function not found errors.

The problem appears to be semi-random.

For example, I have a URL:
	moderate/index.html
Which calls a FlowScript:
	flow/moderate.js showJobs()
Which calls the internal pipeline:
	screen/moderation-jobs
Which uses a JXTemplate:
	content/templates/moderation-jobs.xml

The SiteMap: moderation.xmap, is mounted by the Project's Sitemap,
which is mounted by Cocoon's main sitemap via a map:mount that has a
full filesystem path to the Project Sitemap, with is outside of
Cocoon's webapp.

First I access the URL: project/moderate/index.html
I get this error:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Function
"javascript:showJobs()" not found
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpret
er.callFunction(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:700)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invo
ke(CallFunctionNode.java:131)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:54)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:139)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipelineNode.java:126)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
PipelinesNode.java:95)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process
(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:280)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process
(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:224)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:283)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(Moun
tNode.java:95)
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:
1119)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:354)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:294)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
567)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1808)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:525)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1758)
         at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)
         at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:952)
         at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)
         at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:
197)
         at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)
         at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:501)

Then I touch the FlowScript file and hit the same url again:
project/moderate/index.html
Then I get this error:

org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException:
"file:/Users/jerm/Development/Checkouts/ClientX/ProjectX/application/
webapp/flow/moderate.js", line 40: Ambiguous import: "[JavaClass
uk.co.me.client.bean.ReviewCategory]" and and "[JavaClass
uk.co.me.client.bean.ReviewCategory]".
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JSErrorReporter.runtimeErro
r(JSErrorReporter.java:66)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.Context.reportRuntimeError(Context.java:588)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.Context.reportRuntimeError(Context.java:627)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.Context.reportRuntimeError2(Context.java:609)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ImporterTopLevel.get(ImporterTopLevel.java:124)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.name(ScriptRuntime.java:1110)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
ontinuationInterpreter.java:1256)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
ontinuationInterpreter.java:190)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
ontinuationInterpreter.java:138)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.InterpretedFunctionImpl.call(Interp
retedFunctionImpl.java:121)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpret
er.callFunction(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:702)
[...]

If I now reload the URL, the page works normally.

I have been seeing this problem ever since I moved to 2.1.5.
Interestingly, I never once saw this problem while I was working on the
Query Bean addition to Cocoon I recently added.
I am wondering if we only get this problem because we are mounting an
external project into Cocoon. This is the only difference I can think
of between developing the Query Bean stuff and developing this project
I am having this problem with.

We have to demo this project this weekend.
We are getting desperate for a solution, as Cocoon is acting very
unreliably at the moment.

Has anybody got a clue as to what is going on here?

Thanks for any suggestions.

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!