cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: TestCronJob
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:37:09 GMT

On 7 Jun 2004, at 18:18, Paul Russell wrote:

> Guys,
>
> On 4 Jun 2004, at 19:15, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am playing with o.a.c.components.cron.TestCronJob.
>
> Reading Jeremy's mail, it sounds like this is part test, and part
> 'BasicCronJob'. Can I suggest that we split the two things apart?
> Create a BasicCronJob which is configurable to call an arbitrary
> pipeline, and optionally log the results, and a separate TestCronJob
> which is there specifically for testing?

I have a working one.
I called it CocoonPipelineCronJob, it is configured from cocoon.xconf
with one parameter <pipeline>, this is then called as a 'cocoon://'
pipeline.
If the logging level is set to 'info' for 'cron', the output of the
pipeline is written to the cron log.

I use it for sending emails, but it could be used for other stuff like
updating indexes etc.

I suppose it could be generalised by allowing it to access any source,
not just cocoon:// pipelines.

It could be embellished by adding an option to allow it to output the
called pipeline to a WriteableSource.

WDYT ?

> Incidentally, has anyone looked at using JUnit tests for testing
> things like this?

I have not.

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME