cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Strange behaviour from 2.1.5
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:52:00 GMT
Hi All

I just upgraded an existing project to 2.1.5 and am experiencing some
strange problems with FlowScript.

I am seeing a lot of these errors:

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js", line 203:
uncaught JavaScript exception: at handleForm
(resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, Line 203):
"uploadImage" is not a function.

These appear to be erroneous (it clearly IS a function and worked fine
under previous versions), and nearly random in appearance (sometimes
you get this sometimes you don't).

The next problem I started seeing was errors related to instantiating
Java Objects from Flow, where the flow engine would complain that the
package paths were ambiguous. What was worse was that these messages
would GO AWAY on reload !!!!!

I suspect the new caching system (which throws exceptions on shutdown).

I am using the Release version of Cocoon 2.1.5 (we always attempt to
only use release versions for development and we have several people
working on the same project at the same time, and that makes it far
easier).

Are there any known issues with 2.1.5 release that may be causing this
behaviour ?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

regards Jeremy