cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject extending LuceneCocoonSearcher
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:14:33 GMT
Hi All

I have developed some CForms that allow you to assemble a set of Beans
that represent Queries. These are converted directly to Lucene Query
objects without using the QueryParser.

At the moment, they set up a new Searcher for each hit.

I would prefer to use a cached Component for this like
LuceneCocoonSearcher.

Would anyone object to my adding the following to the
LuceneCocoonSearcher Interface and SimpleLuceneCocoonSearcherImpl
Implementation:

	Hits search(Query query) throws ProcessingException;

and, after we upgrade to Lucene 1.4:

	Hits search(Query query, Sort sort) throws ProcessingException;

where Hits is: org.apache.lucene.search.Hits
where Query is: org.apache.lucene.search.Query
where Sort is  org.apache.lucene.search.Sort

WDYT?

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!