cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for a block name: forum, vote, poll components
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:41:04 GMT
Le 18 juin 04, à 16:31, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :
> ...I thought that "nuke" is dictionary word in website business :-)
> If it is not, then yes, something like "forums" is better...

Yes, and Sylvain is right about not competing, specially because:

> Question to Bertrand: will it have mail-to-forum, forum-to-mail,
> forum-to-news bridge? :-)

no, it will be basic stuff: store and retrieve forum messages.

I haven't designed it in detail yet but I think a threaded forum
component is fairly simple if the aim is just to start new threads,
reply to messages and display messages sorted by timestamp and arranged
in threads. So don't expect too much.

So I'll go for the "forum" block, and vote/pool components will be free
goodies ;-)
Thanks for the collective input!

-Bertrand