cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTG and caching
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:41:34 GMT
Le 1 juin 04, à 10:09, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> ...Well, it _could_ have a chance to work, but flowscript is
> definitely not the appropriate location to compute cache information
> for an element of the view pipeline....

flowscript maybe not but how about backend java code?

Use-case: for a news site, you might want the cache validity to be
dependent on the "urgency" of the news, for example cache older news
for a longer time, assuming they won't change much anymore.

In this case the cache validity (or at least hints to the appropriate
validity range) needs to come from the backend.

> ...So what about adding two optional attributes on the template's root
> element, defining the cache information?
>
> <page
>    xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
>    jx:cache-key='${cocoon.request.get("abc") + "!!spacer!!" +
> cocoon.request.get("bcd")....'
>    jx:cache-validity='${new DeltaTimeCacheValidity(60 * 60 * 24)}'>
>    ... template ....
> </page>

I like the idea, and IIUC it would also allow the Flow to receive the
DeltaTimeCacheValidity (for example) from your java code and pass it
down to JXTG, right?

     jx:cache-validity='${someObjectComingFromJavaCodeViaFlow}'>

Or, in other words, do you see this as having access to any additional
variables passed in the cocoon.sendPage call?

-Bertrand