cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] - A Groovy Flow Engine is in my hard drive! ;-)
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:07:48 GMT

On Jun 5, 2004, at 7:19 PM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> After 11 hours of work, the first implementation of a Groovy Flow
> engine
> for Cocoon is working on my hard drive.

Cool! But. gosh, I hate to rain on anyone's parade, yet I think it was
kinda decided yesterday to focus on solidifying JS instead than Groovy.
Don't get me wrong, I like Groovy a lot and I sure appreciate your
work, yet I have this feeling that committing it now would just confuse
users even more. Flow is already feeling like quicksand, adding yet
another language without being able to guarantee solid contracts is
risky business. I'd much rather see a bulletproof JS/Java foundation
before delving into a partially working Groovy implementation. So, this
is a sad -0 here.

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino