cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: extending LuceneCocoonSearcher
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:02:59 GMT

On 7 Jun 2004, at 14:27, Upayavira wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have developed some CForms that allow you to assemble a set of
>> Beans that represent Queries. These are converted directly to Lucene
>> Query objects without using the QueryParser.
>>
>> At the moment, they set up a new Searcher for each hit.
>>
>> I would prefer to use a cached Component for this like
>> LuceneCocoonSearcher.
>>
>> Would anyone object to my adding the following to the
>> LuceneCocoonSearcher Interface and SimpleLuceneCocoonSearcherImpl
>> Implementation:
>>
>>     Hits search(Query query) throws ProcessingException;
>>
>> and, after we upgrade to Lucene 1.4:
>>
>>     Hits search(Query query, Sort sort) throws ProcessingException;
>>
>> where Hits is: org.apache.lucene.search.Hits
>> where Query is: org.apache.lucene.search.Query
>> where Sort is  org.apache.lucene.search.Sort
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> Looks fine to me.  I'd like to have the beans, too!

Thanks Upayavira.

The beans are relatively simple.
I would be happy to donate them ..... but they deal with our chosen
subset of what a query is to be composed of ...... and that might not
be everybody's cup of tea.

I would be happy to send them to you for your evaluation, then see if
you still think they are generally useful ......

Incidentally .....

The Query Bean has a repeater, to which you add Criterion Beans.
At the moment, all Criteria in the form are represented by a 'field', a
'match' and a 'term', where the 'field' is a popup of Lucene Search
Index fields, match is a popup that can be 'contains', 'like', or
'phrase' and the term is a textfield.

Since some of the fields it is possible to search on are populated from
fixed keyword lists, we would like be able to show a popup of those
keywords instead of the text-field for 'term'. So the display (what
kind of formfield, which selectionlist) of the Criterion would change
depending on the setting of the 'field' property. (A bit like MacOSX
Finder's search window, for those that know it.)

How do you do that in CForms?

I suspect you need to use those Widgets I never understood like
'union', 'class', 'struct' etc. Is that the case?

Thanks for any suggestions.

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!