cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] preservation policy for third-party snapshot sources
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:32:22 GMT
Interesting argument. However, if I was deploying something with a snapshot
into production I sure as heck would want to make sure I had the source
code for the snapshot to debug any problems that might arise.  I've
complained about this before.

Sylvain made it pretty clear that snapshots wouldn't be used in formal
Cocoon releases, so this procedure would never apply to those. In the past
this hasn't been followed. If that happens in the future I would want the
snapshot source with the release.  For stuff still in dev I'm not sure it
matters whether the source goes out or not since it is pretty risky to
deploy such a thing in production.

My 2 cents anyway.

Ralph