cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging and log4j
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:36:26 GMT
I see no reason to switch from using the LogKit LoggerManager interface.
Changing the newLoggerManager() method in CocoonServlet to default to LOG4J
and also provide an easy way to use the LogKitLoggerManager is
trivial.  Anyone who wants to "try out" Log4j in 2.1.5 only needs to define
"logger-class" as "LOG4J" in web.xml as an init parm.  In addition,
logger-class can specify any class that implements LogKit's LoggerManager
interface - which is why I submitted the patch.

What more support do you need than that?  Are you thinking that Log4j's
default configuration techniques are not sufficient?

Ralph