cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:48:14 GMT

On Jun 3, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 3 juin 04, à 09:18, Steven Noels a écrit :
>
>> ...I'll start the vote tomorrow, as the list of volunteers seems to
>> be stabilizing. Would candidates mind if this is a public vote? Also,
>> I'd like the vote to be held on the users list as well - to raise the
>> level of their awareness of Cocoon community matters....
>
> +1 for public vote (although I'm not a candidate)
> +1 for having it on users as well, let's be open!
> (but IIUC only committers votes are binding)

Actually I think only PMC members votes are binding. Just to reassure
our fellow readers that there is no hidden/restricted committee: every
committer *can* be a PMC member but it's up to the single person to
decide whether to take this (very light) burden or not. Since we don't
have as many PMC members as committers (for one, most emeritus people
didn't ask to be part of it), I just wanted to be a bit nitpicking on
that. :)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino