cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject Throwing errors in component's initialize() method
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:10:13 GMT
Hello,

I've written a component which uses native code. Therefore it needs to
load native libraries (I do this in the initialize() method) and when
something goes wrong with that, Errors get thrown (e.g.
UnsatisfiedLinkError). But Cocoon doesn't seem to recognize this, and it
looks like Cocoon starts up normally. When some pipeline is invoked, it
seems that Cocoon is going to reconfigure/initialize itself, resulting
in even more errors (e.g. HSQLDB that is already started, etc.)

Is this the desired behaviour? Should I catch any error and rethrow it
inside some exception, so that Cocoon correctly handles the failure? Or
is there any way that Cocoon can catch these errors?

Bart.