cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: TestCronJob
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:00:55 GMT

On 8 Jun 2004, at 08:20, Paul Russell wrote:

> On 7 Jun 2004, at 19:37, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> On 7 Jun 2004, at 18:18, Paul Russell wrote:
>>> Reading Jeremy's mail, it sounds like this is part test, and part
>>> 'BasicCronJob'. Can I suggest that we split the two things apart?
>>> Create a BasicCronJob which is configurable to call an arbitrary
>>> pipeline, and optionally log the results, and a separate TestCronJob
>>> which is there specifically for testing?
>>
>> I have a working one.
>> I called it CocoonPipelineCronJob, it is configured from cocoon.xconf
>> with one parameter <pipeline>, this is then called as a 'cocoon://'
>> pipeline.
>> If the logging level is set to 'info' for 'cron', the output of the
>> pipeline is written to the cron log.
>>
>> I use it for sending emails, but it could be used for other stuff
>> like updating indexes etc.
>>
>> I suppose it could be generalised by allowing it to access any
>> source, not just cocoon:// pipelines.
>>
>> It could be embellished by adding an option to allow it to output the
>> called pipeline to a WriteableSource.
>
> Sounds good! Sounds like it would be worth making this part of the
> core distribution, though -- a number of people sound like they're
> after something like this..

Committed CocoonPipelineCronJob plus some commented out sample
configuration snippets in cron.xconf.

It is configured something like this (trigger not shown) :

     <component
role="org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.CronJob/pipeline-test"

class="org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.CocoonPipelineCronJob"
                logger="cron.pipeline">
         <pipeline>samples/hello-world/hello.xhtml</pipeline>
     </component>

enjoy

regards Jeremy