cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of the what command with java code (was: Including source files in jars)
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:00:12 GMT
Le 9 juin 04, à 07:54, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :

> ...What about the other proposal I did:
>
> Insert in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file the "SVN Revision number" (+ maybe
> other needed stuff - need to investigate) of the local working copy at
> compile time? (BTW, It does not requiere net access, because the info
> is
> retrieved from your local working copy)...

I think you're right, with SVN this is enough as the revision number
applies to the whole source tree, no need for individual file revision
info.

It won't solve Tim's problem of using non-committed code, but it's a
lightweight and elegant way of knowing from which (checked-in) version
your code was built.

I never used ant tasks to get at SVN info but someone has probably done
it already.

-Bertrand