cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Starting problems using cocoon2.1.5
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 00:37:22 GMT
Andreas Kuckartz dijo:
> I also can reproduce this bug for Cocoon 2.1.5 but I did not find a
> Bugzilla
> entry for it.
>
> I think that Cocoon should NOT issue these irritating jcs-warnings. (They
> have
> already been irritating Lenya-developers.)

:-) Agreed.

Perhaps we can request to Apache JCS project to use commons-logging
instead of log4j. That way we will be able to use LogKit that aims to
servlets logging needs. Something than we can do with Log4j, but rather as
a workaround instead of an elegant solution as is in LogKit.

The problem with log4j is that we need to define an absolute path. With
LogKit we simply don't care about that.

I found some solutions in Tomcat mail lists, but no one is too elegant as
we have with LogKit.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo