cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Validate, Process Form
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:04:43 GMT
Hi all,

I need an ability to doValidate() a form, but parts of validate process
(like set phase, call listener) are located in the process() method. I'd
like to move validation part out of the process() method and into the
doValidate() method, so it can be safely invoked. Is there any reason
why I should not do it?

And while I'm at it, what was the reason of throwing
UnsupportedOperationException from the validate() method? This was
introduced back in times of woody [1], by Sylvain :-)
If there is no reason (anymore), I'd like to remove doValidate() and
move code back into validate().

Thanks,
Vadim

[1]