cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CForms stylesheets - use of xsl:param and xhtml
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:21:13 GMT
On 29.06.2004 18:55, Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>    Bruno> How will you do this, generate all elements with
>>    Bruno> xsl:element?
>>
>>Yes.
>>At least, only those whose parent is not an html/xhtml element.
>

> So the namespace of an element made using xsl:element is inherited by
> literally-defined elements?

No, how shall this work?

>>    Bruno> I wonder if that won't slow it down too
>>    Bruno> much... (besides reducing readability).
>>
>>It isn't much less readable, and I doubt if anyone will notice the
>>performance difference - I think it will be very small.
>

> Let's hope so :-)

I don't fear performance, but readability is reduced massively IMO.

>>    Bruno> Alternatively, wouldn't it be possible to transform the
>>    Bruno> html XSLs using XSL to an XHTML equivalent?
>>
>>Probably. You are suggesting that this should be done as a cocoon
>>build-time task?
>

> I'm not suggesting anything, it could be a possibility. But I'm also
> fine with your approach, as long as my concerns aren't true.

I prefer the postprocessing much more. If we put the elements into XHTML
by default and postprocess them to HTML or the other way around - who
cares. But please not doing this parameterized using xsl:element.

Joerg