cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Yeadon <scott.yea...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Passing Java objects
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:44:02 GMT
Hello,

Could someone tell me if it's possible to pass Java objects around as
session information (for example an object containing information (or
other objects) such as userid, timing, database connection, etc). From
looking at the documentation everything looks like it must be converted
to XML form. Can anyone point me to the releavnt areas of the
documentation, as the session information only talks about XML or
pointing to a Java class that reads data from db/file. It's unlikely
Cocoon is any good to me if Java objects cannot be passed around between
pages in the same way that JSP/Servlets can pass this information around
in their request objects.

Scott.