cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Contents of our NOTICE.txt
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:10:09 GMT
Hi all,

Re-reading the ASL 2.0 and looking at our NOTICE.txt, I don't think its
content is appropriate, considering that this file is the attribution
notice that must be included in every derivative work.

With ASL 1.1 the only attribution needed was "This product includes
software developed by The Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org/)". We now have two additional paragraphs that
were previously in the license header but weren't part of the
attribution notice.

Do we want to keep these two additional paragraphs? Stefano, do you want
to have your name in each and every derivative work?

I checked randomly some other ASF project's NOTICE.txt files, and all of
them contain the simple ASF attribution [1], eventually accompanied with
attribution notices of included third-party libraries (e.g [2]).

WDYT?

Sylvain

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-log4j/NOTICE.txt?rev=1.1&view=auto