cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] The Cocoon Handbook
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:01:02 GMT
On 25.06.2004 18:09, Tony Collen wrote:

> Hmm, how is OpenOffice on Win32?  I've never ever used it, so it would
> be something new for me to pick up.. not like using office software is
> hard or anything.  I'd be worried about usability or whatever.  I
> suppose I'll download it and play with it.

I was never a hardcore Word user, so I can not tell you all the
differents in detail. But I wrote seminar papers with both Word and Open
Office. My personal preference __tends__ to Open Office since I had the
__feeling of better control__ of my document. Word does to much
auto-magic and shows strange behaviour, therefore I did not find out how
to do page numbering correctly with different styles for different parts
in the document using OO.

Joerg