cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice frontend for CMS
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:35:02 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jon Evans wrote:
>
>> Hi Sylvain,
>>
>> On 25 Jun 2004, at 11:42, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Now we have that nice thing called OpenOffice that is a wordprocessor
>>> storing its content as XML in a zip archive. We've used it as a
>>> front-end for a CMS, providing template documents with style sheets
>>> that
>>> have to be used. These styles match the structure of the target XML
>>> document that is produced from the OO file. This solution just
>>> rocks, as
>>> anybody (even a boss :-) is able to write content in a userfriendly and
>>> productive environment with spell checking, typing completion, etc etc.
>>> On the CMS side, the sxw archive is exploded, the XML content is
>>> transformed into the target markup (e.g. DocBook) and images are
>>> stored.
>>

>> That's an inspired solution - is it all proprietary or is your code
>> published somewhere?
>

> It's proprietary, but some basic blocks that were needed to build it
> are now in Cocoon: ZipArchiveSerializer, CVSSource (at cocoondev.org),
> some parts of Cocoon Forms, etc.
>
> Sylvain

It is possible to use OpenOffice-Writer documents in Forrest - see the
examples after seeding a new Forrest project. For me this works well. I
think this could be interesting for Cocoon too.

Currently the .sxw docs are stored and during the rendering process the
ZIPSource is used to extract the content and create the documentation.

--
Reinhard, writing this without reading the whole thread