cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Playing with the JCR RI
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:55:19 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>> Il giorno 24/giu/04, alle 18:23, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:
>>> But I do think it makes sense to have general pipeline components
>>> that are able to read and write into a JCR repository anyway, but
>>> probably a Source would be better in this regard.
>> Hmmm, I thought you were somewhat contrary to writable sources, or
>> did I misunderstood?
> I'm talking about reading stuff out of a JCR repository.
> yes, I'm not keen to writeable sources.

I don't see why there's a problem with writeable sources per se. The
problem IMO comes more from the SourceWritingTransformer, which modifies
the system state (by writing somewhere) as a side effect of the pipeline

But writeable soures used in the business logic and/or flowscript just
rock, and make it braindead easy to write data to anyone of file, cvs
repo, SQL blob, etc.