cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Share Cocoon between CocoonServlet and CocoonPortlet, Re: CocoonPortlet Howto or Samples?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:09:05 GMT
Menke, John wrote:

>Does anyone have the CocoonPortlet running?  How do you link to a Cocoon
>application?

BTW, I hit the wall when trying to deploy CocoonPortlet into Cocoon
Portal. Problem is that Cocoon Portlet creates own instance of Cocoon,
and in presense of CocoonServlet, this makes second copy of Cocoon. As a
result, everything is duplicated, and some components (Quartz) do not
like this.

Solution can be to have shared (between CocoonServlet and CocoonPortlet)
instance of Cocoon object (I actually have this setup working with
modified versions of CocoonPortlet and Servlet).

Question is, what is the best way to share Cocoon instance between
several Servlets and/or Portlets?

Vadim