cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Litrik De Roy <cocoon-...@litrik.com>
Subject Re: Downloading large files with Cocoon 2.1.5 + Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:29:51 GMT
Andrew Thornton wrote:

> Litrik De Roy wrote:
>
> > Some time ago, I wrote a page on the wiki about this :
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ServingLargeFiles
>
> On this wiki page is a reference to a bug which has a patch to fix it
> attached. There are 40 bugs in the 'zilla which contain the word patch
> and are in the NEW state. Whats the policy on getting these looked at?

The sad thing is that, in the meantime other changes have been made to
the same source causing merge conflicts.
The longer it takes for a committer to apply the patch, the harder it
will be to actually do it.

For my project I simply copied the existing ResourceReader into
BetterResourceReader, applied the patch and stopped using the original
ResourceReader. Not perfect because now I'm missing the latest code
changes but at least my large files work OK.

--

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com