cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [cforms] separating API and implementation classes
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:42:46 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to organize the package layout of CForm classes in order to
cleanly separate API classes from implementations classes.

By API classes, I mean not only interfaces, but also helper abstract
classes. These interfaces and classes are those that we'll have to
maintain and keep backwards compatible once we put the "stable" stamp on
the forms block, whereas implementation classes will have to be kept
compatible from a user point of view (naming and behaviour), but can be
refactored in their implementation.

For this, I'd like to move implementation classes into an "impl"
subpackage in the respective API packages.

I also would like to flatten the CForms component hierarchy, i.e. avoid
the creation of a ComponentSelector in the FormManager and
BindingManager. The purpose is to facilitate the use of another
container and the definition of new widgets/datatypes/validation rules
in blocks/subsitemaps.

A nesting is currently required for convertors, since they are attached
to a particular datatype. To remove this need, we may use a naming
convention, prefixing the convertor and format name by the corresponding
datatype component name, i.e. "long-formatting", "date-formatting", etc.

Thoughts?

Sylvain