cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Forms] Using commons-validator
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:37:47 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Can we switch to the usage of commons-validator instead of developing our
>own code?
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/
>
>WDYT?

Except CreditCardValidator and EmailValidator, I'm not sure the Java
part or commons-validator brings much to the CForms picture. It does
check integer, floats, checks, etc, but doesn't provide the
corresponding parsed value, which CForms provides through its datatypes
and their convertors.

The JS part is worth considering carefully, though, as client-side
validation is something that we must add to CForms.

Sylvain