cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [Forms] Using commons-validator
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:24:59 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Il giorno 21/giu/04, alle 05:23, Antonio Gallardo ha scritto:
>>
>>> Can we switch to the usage of commons-validator instead of developing
>>> our
>>> own code?
>>
>> Without having ever looked at CV, I feel this could be a good thing.
>>
>>     Ugo
>>
> Looks like what cocoon has is much more complex

As I wrote, I haven't examined CV enough to see if it's good enough for
us or not. But in case its design is sensible and there's a real
community using and supporting it, I'd rather contribute to it than
maintain our own validation package. Let's not reinvent the wheel once
more, unless it's absolutely necessary.

Just my 0.02€,

	Ugo