cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject CLI Caching and JCS - almost there
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:40:49 GMT
I have implemented some code to allow the Cocoon bean to check whether a
page can be read from the cache (and if so, the bean can ignore it). To
be able to ignore it, the links must be cached too. I've got this
working, which is great.

However, it only actually works the second time a page is generated
within a session. So it seems that the first time it isn't in the cache,
which implies that maybe the cache isn't surviving Cocoon restarts.

Now that I know my code works, I'll dig deeper into the JCS store to see
if I can work out what is happening.

Does the JCS cache actually survive shutdowns correctly? Carsten?

(If this works, it could reap significant time benefits for the CLI, and
thus particularly for Forrest).

Upayavira