cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing groovy
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:28:40 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 17 juin 04, à 10:16, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>
>> ...IIRC there was no vote. We only said that if there are really good
>> reasons we think about droping 1.3 support. Not more...
>

> IMHO 1.3 support for the Cocoon core and for individual blocks can be
> considered separately.
>
> Having blocks which require 1.4 disabled by default might be an
> option, or we could add an attribute in gump.xml indicating JVM
> version requirements for blocks, individually.
>
>> ...don't forget, not all users are subsribed to our mailing lists...
>

> If they're not subscribed they can't complain about not being
> informed, can they?

It's not so easy to follow the Cocoon mailing lists, specially it is
very time consuming.

At our latest poll about 20 users answered and there were 3 CON votes
(thanks Steven). I hope that Cocoon has more than 20 users worldwide and
if the mentioned figures are representative this means that about 10 to
20 % of our users are stick to JDK1.3. I think this is enough to have
*really* good reasons if we have to move to JDK1.4. I agree completly
with Gianugo's list of those really good points and that things for
special blocks may be different.

--
Reinhard