cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Move CachedSource to core
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:01:53 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> What is left to do before CachedSource can be moved to the core
>> (beside the fact that URL syntax stinks ;-) ? If nothing, how about
>> actually moving it -- anybody against it?
>>
> +1 from me. I've been using it quite successfully for a while now.
> Also move TraversableCachedSource, since they make a pair. I haven't
> yet used the async mode with the DelayRefresher much but I am planning
> to do so in the following weeks.

Oooops... CachingSource has dependency on the Cron block (through async
refresh mode and refresher's DelayRefresher implementation). What now -
have Refresher in the core and DelayRefresher in the Cron? Or create
yet-another-block just for the source factory?

And why DelayRefresher has own configuration cache persistence - it can
use Store for this. Carsten? :)

Vadim