cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Unrestricting the FOM
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:47:16 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>- [ ] to remove restrictions on existing objects.
>>

>+1
>

>>- [ ] to add cocoon.avalonContext.
>>

>-1 for the name "avalonContext". I think we should avoid references to Avalon whereever
possible. Otherwise perhaps we have to rename it in the future.
>So, +1 if a different name is used.

Well, how to name it since this *is* the Avalon context? I mean if one
day we totally move away from Avalon, that object will naturally
disappear. With some back compatibility problems, of course, but there
will also be many others in many other places in our code.

Or something like "frameworkContext" or "containerContext"? Sure, it
avoids the Avalon name but IMO doesn't clearly indicate what it is about.

Sylvain