cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Unrestricting the FOM
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:01:38 GMT
Hi all,

More and more, the limitations of objects provided by the FOM seem like
arbitrary constraints that go in the way of people and produce
confusion. Furthermore, these restrictions only apply to the JS
flowscript and not to JavaFlow, thus making JS flowscript a second zone
citizen compared to Java code.

That's why I propose to remove these restrictions my having
cocoon.request, cocoon.response and cocoon.context providing the full
API defined by the interfaces in org.apache.cocoon.environment.

Furthermore, I propose to add cocoon.avalonContext to provide access to
the various data held by this object.

More background on this subject is available in the "Less is more... or
less" discussion [1] and my answer to Jeremy's problem [2] that shows
how simple it is to workaround the restricted FOM.

Please cast your votes!

- [ ] to remove restrictions on existing objects.
- [ ] to add cocoon.avalonContext.

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107995167207822&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108716209403338&w=2