cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: JXTG and caching
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:15:22 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>> Moreover, you may consider the case of complex pipelines where the
>>> actual template depends on the user rights, target browser or
>>> whatever else. In that case, the cache information can be different
>>> depending on used template.
>> And for caching to play right with proxies and browsers, Vary header
>> (and/or some others) should be set. What mechanism can be used to set
>> headers from the JX template?
> <jx:var name="foo" value="cocoon.request.setHeader('bar', 'baz')"/> ??

Thought a bit about it... Due to streaming nature of the Cocoon (forget
for a second that pipeline's default behavior is to buffer output -
default can be changed anyway), this won't work. First startElement()
event corresponding to root element is already out, and, under ideal
conditions, already written to the output stream.

Thus, this will fail.

The only other option I see is to mimic XSP page structure: Introduce
root <jx:page/> tag which is *not* printed to the output. Then,
everything between the <jx:page/> and first SAX event can perform
whatever setup operations needed.

View raw message