cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Including source files in jars
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:41:01 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Yes, this makes sense. I ran into the same thing with 2.1.4 because I
> patched our copy and submitted the patches (which are now in 2.1.5). I
> did have trouble finding a home for the patches because we don't keep
> Cocoon in our CVS.
>
> However, I still think this is a good idea for snapshot jars that
> Cocoon includes. I't's been a pain finding some of the source code for
> those in the past.

Yes, this is a good idea. We could encourage this practice whenever a
snapshot jar is added to the CVS.

However, since the build of other products certainly doesn't allow this
automatically, it will require an additional manual step for people
building the snapshot. IMO, this is worth it.

What do other think? Do we enforce this rule?

Sylvain