cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [cforms] Simple XML binding
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:36:31 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 18:11, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>>I have written an adapter: org.apache.cocoon.forms.util.XMLAdapter
>>between a form object and a simple XML format that can be used without
>>needing to wriite a binding definition.
>
> <snip/>
>
>>WDYT?
>

> Very useful addition. I've been thinking about such a thing myself, but
> never got to it. This effectively provides zero-effort load/store of the
> form content. Thanks!

Thanks,

I have a question about locale handling in cforms that maybe you (or
someone else) could answer. In the conversion between the text in XML
and the widgets I use the locale that is set globaly within the form.
Does this mean that the XML format will depend on what locale the client
has? In such case, that is not what I want to achieve, I think that the
XML format should be locale independent (at least as default), how do
one implement that?

/Daniel