cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [cforms] Simple XML binding
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:56:19 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> this sounds really interesting!
>
> Would this functionality allow you to bind XML content to a textarea
> input element too?
> What I mean is, that this way you could populate certain parts of an XML
> document directly with the XHTML-Output of the HTMLArea control (or
> plain textarea if you like).
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas.

There is no such functionality this far, but it sound like a useful
extension. I think it would be best to implement it by creating an XML
data type for CForms. The XML data type is reponsible for converting
between text (in the input element e.g.) and an appropriate Java data
type, (DOM i guess). The XMLAdapter could then be extended so that it
can recognize the XML data type, and populate and serialize it.

WDYT?

/Daniel