cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Including source files in jars
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:26:18 GMT
On 08.06.2004 08:38, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Read my answer to Antonio: having separate files gives no guarantee that
> the sources you have in the source archive are the one that were
> actually used for the build. And when releasing projects, it is IMO
> safer to ship them with the sources if a non-release version is used.

Not really convinced, but I can live with it. And now that you are the
PMC chair ... :-P

>>> This feature is enabled using the "build.archive-sources" property, e.g.
>>>   "build -Dbuild.archive-sources=true webapp".
>>
>> We should add it to build.properties (no preference on enabled or
>> disabled ATM). I had a look to what category it fits at best. The
>> "build" category is just about directories, the "Build Exclusions"
>> category would probably the best, but there the properties are named
>> in another style, "exclude.deprecated" for example.
>> Add it to that latter category and rename the property to e.g.
>> "exclude.archive-sources"?
>
> "exclude.archive-sources" is fine if you think it better fits the build
> property naming scheme. Or better "exclude.source-in-jars" which is a
> noun instead of a verb?

Used include.sources-in-jars. I don't like the exclude syntax so much
and there are already other include.* properties (see below that added
one). Sometimes I will change all excludes in includes as it was already
done for the blocks.

Joerg