cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Bug? Foreign SourceResolver in Generator.configure()
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:06:43 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Noticed yesterday while using HTMLGenerator: SourceResolver used in
>>> configure() method, obtained via
>>> this.manager.lookup(org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver.ROLE),
>>> appears to be not of the sitemap where generator was declared, but
>>> of the sitemap where generator is used. Bug?
>>>

>> I would be happy if we could call this a feature :)
>> But I think this is a bug :(
>>
>> Do we already have a sample where this bug can be seen?

Rebuild cocoon, go to root sitemap, change

    <map:generator name="html" logger="sitemap.generator.html"
                   src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"
                   label="content">
      <!-- Tidy configuration file.
      <jtidy-config>context://WEB-INF/tidy.properties</jtidy-config>
      -->
    </map:generator>

    <map:generator name="html" logger="sitemap.generator.html"
                   src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"
                   label="content">
      <jtidy-config>WEB-INF/tidy.properties</jtidy-config>
    </map:generator>

you'll get:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException:

C:\apache\cocoon-2.1\build\webapp\samples\blocks\html\WEB-INF\tidy.properties
(The system cannot find the path specified)

Note that file was resolved relative to sub-sub-sitemap, not root sitemap.

Vadim