cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] Simple XML binding
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:35:14 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> I have written an adapter: org.apache.cocoon.forms.util.XMLAdapter
> between a form object and a simple XML format that can be used without
> needing to wriite a binding definition.

Thank you very much! I think this is a very valuable addition to Cocoon
Forms and is the answer for many form applications which have straight
binding.

One question - why do you make this explicit:

    // get the documentURI parameter from the sitemap which contains the
    // location of the file to be edited
    var documentURI = cocoon.parameters["documentURI"];

    // get the XML adapter
    var xmlAdapter = form.getXML();

    // parse the document to a widget tree
    var pipeUtil =

cocoon.createObject(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil);
    pipeUtil.processToSAX(documentURI, null, xmlAdapter);

and don't hide it in the form.getXML() function?

e.g.
var xmlAdapter = form.getXML( cocoon.parameters["documentURI"] );

--
Reinhard