cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: I'm back for a short stint
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:31:30 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Tim Larson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:54:40PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> At least as a user.
>>>
>>> I'm going to have to throw together a "drill-down" way to print reports
>>> for a web-service/database backed system.  I'm going to have to get my
>>

>> I assume you know about the "drill-down" support in xReporter, and that
>> it can create reports either from a database or from xml data fetched
>> from elsewhere, such as from a web-service.
>

> Actually no.  I haven't been actively involved with Cocoon code for
> almost two years no (I can't believe it has been that long....).

Flowscript will probably bake your noodle.

http://xreporter.cocoondev.org/index.html

>>> laptop set up with Tomcat and Cocoon.  So much has changed since I last
>>> messed with this.  Note: I have 4-5 days to be finished with the project
>>> (start to finish).  Doesn't leave a lot of time for dilly-dallying.

FYI, Cocoon comes with a "Jetty-Lite", so once you build Cocoon, you can type
"cocoon.[sh|bat] servlet" and it'll start up on port 8888.  Jetty starts up much
faster than TC4, and TC5 as well, although TC5 is much faster than 4.

Regards,

Tony