cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Including source files in jars
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:22:01 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>

>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>>Very nice :-)
>>>
>>>What about making this the default?
>>>

>>I'm all for it! The only problem is that it augments the size of jar archives.
>>
>>What do others think?
>>

>I don't like the idea as default.

No problem: I'll keep it as the default in my local.build.properties :-)

>Perhaps we can zip the in a separated file and point to them in eclipse. Same as we use
the J2SDK source files. We just point to the separated file at:

>file:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/src.zip

Having two files gives no guarantee that they are consistent, and allows
clueless people to inadvertently delete the source archives just to
purge useless files.

What if we make this the default _except_ for released versions? That
way, people using a CVS snapshot will have the source files
corresponding the binary they use at hand, whereas released versions
won't have the extra size.

Sylvain