cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Cocoon PMC chair
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:43:03 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 04 Jun 2004, at 10:32, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> a nice set of people volunteered for taking on the PMC chair job and
>> it's time we conclude this vote. :-)
>

> Thanks for your votes: this was a close call and we are bound to
> change the voting rules and procedures for next elections. Anyway, it
> looks like our new PMC chair is Sylvain Wallez: thanks for taking
> over! I'd like to thank the other candidates for offering their time
> and energy, and be sure to volunteer next year!

Thanks to all. I know the choice wasn't easy, and the variety of votes
shows how healthy our community is and in no way questions the cohesion
of the group.

I take the chairman hat for the year to come, and hope I'll be able to
fulfill that job as good as my predecessors, Stefano and Steven. As
outlined by Stefano, I consider this job as being a bridge between
Cocoon and the board, but also as a mediator within the community
whenever the need arises (hopefully not often in this friendly group).

Thanks again, I  am very honoured.

Sylvain