cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Redesigning the Samples
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:26:09 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Tony, as wrote in my previous email, the logo was designed to be simple,
> with a few colors, in order to be easier to print on things.
>
> Your version of the logo, although graphically more appealing, is too
> complex for that.
>
> Also, simply put, we don't need a new logo as we don't need to signal
> any change in direction.

Alright, I can appreciate all these things.  Thanks for clearing it up.
  I've only really been around Cocoon since 2.0.x, so I wasn't too
familliar with the older incarnations of the logos.  Looking at the logo
on the 1.x page, I suddenly have more appreciation for the current one :)

>> P.S.  The cocoon2.ai Illustrator file in the current CVS won't even
>> open in the latest version of Illustrator.  This is bad because if we
>> lose this file, we face losing original artwork.
>

> This is probably a newline corruption error. the file should be treated
> as binary but CVS sometimes thinks it's text.

I'll see if I can pull it out of an older source tree. If it works, I'll
just recommit the file.

Regards,
Tony